Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Pew study on (almost) why people choose which congregation to attend | National Catholic Reporter

The Pew study on (almost) why people choose which congregation to attend | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: The continuing drum beat on abortion most likley impacts where people go.  Ethinic Masses in a parish are always full and there is always that group of worshipers who prefer the Mass without music - and probably still would if it was in the Extraordinary Form.  Not all Protestants Church shop. My mother's family have been members (and ministers) in the Disciples of Christ for generations, although my mother remembered spending some time as Methodist - but converted for the music at the Latin Mass. As far as congregations go, I moved, so I changed parishes - after some months of not going.  My new Pastor was very sympathetic when I said I had been ailing, which is true.  I chose the parsih because it was a five minue bus ride and then a ten minute walk.  I suspect many poorer people use the same criterion.

No comments:

Post a Comment