Thursday, December 10, 2015

Links for 12/8/15 | National Catholic Reporter

Links for 12/8/15 | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: I like how Obama referred to, though he did not mention, Wahabiism and the Saudi Royals' sponsorship of it.  Still, he was clear, even though he treated mentioning them like the characters in Harry Potter won't mention Voldemort - which is how the GOP treats Obama (as Silk indicated).



I can see that the idiot GOP Fr. Z might be offended by a celebration of the environment, which was visually stunning, by the way.  Propoganda, by the way, comes from Propogate, as in the Council for the Propogation of the Faith.  Z needs to get on board or get himself into the St. Pius X Society.



Bravo to MSW for including a link to The Nation.  Barbara Ehrenreich's treatment of White Privilege introduces many to the reality of African-American and Latino life - one which sadly many still conform too socially, even when it has not been legally mandated in a generation.  I am not that old that Latino men offer me their seat on the bus for my age.  It is for my whiteness, which is why I have them keep their seats.  If enough white people of conscience become aware of and reject white privilege, it will go away - as it is not a natural thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment