Thursday, December 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Papa Francesco! | National Catholic Reporter

Happy Birthday Papa Francesco! | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: Happy Birthday Pope Francis!  Any speculation he was at all sick was an attempt at the evil eye, as at 79 he is younger than my 53, and much more active.  In his reforms of the Church, I believe he is just getting started - cleaning up the mess before the cleaning crew arrives.  That crew will be an extension of the Gang of Eight - following the Orthodox model (no one noticed, but the Schism between Rome and Constantinople is healed by Francis and Benedict),



I predict he will appoint continental or linquistic patriarchs, if not national patriarchs, with his seat being one of those patriarchies - all under Constantinople - but with our unique Rites.  This will allow even more reform in some areas - both in regard to who is ordained and what they focus on - and of the disolving of the Curia, since it will no longer have a function.  I believe this will happen before Francis or Benedict dies - as I do not like to think that Francis is Peter the Roman, who will be martyred by an Italian soldier - although I could see him standing in the way of a bullet fired at looting children.  I can't see him as an anti-pope resisting what is inevitable change. In either case, may he have long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment