Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wieseltier Scolds de Botton | National Catholic Reporter

Wieseltier Scolds de Botton | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: I once tried taking Facebook sabbath's over the weekend - but now I go on to at least wish people a Happy Birthday - and with 3 sets of friends that means three times a day.  As for Twitter, I tried to set up an account but never got through all the lists of topics they seem to think I care about - especially the celebrity side.  They need a skip button.  I never read it, of course, because real men don't tweet. I don't read the New Republic(an) either - more of a fan of the Nation - and would not have read the piece if I had known.  The intellectual snobbery of the thing is up front, although I suspect that MSW missed the reference to torture by the IDF near the end of the piece - or he would lump them with the Presbyterians.

No comments:

Post a Comment