Thursday, December 18, 2014

Meme of the Year, from St. Paul to Vienna | National Catholic Reporter

Meme of the Year, from St. Paul to Vienna | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: I know the Pope likes this meme of the older brother, but it has limited applicability.  It may apply to failed marriages, but in this case the older brother is not the Curia, but the spouse who may have been wronged in the divorce who sees his wife or her husband married again in the Church.  Of course, if he were alcoholic, abuse, etc. (in my case insolvent and working at a job beneath me) then he also has something to be sorry about.  In some cases, like abuse, the wife has nothing to forgive - sometimes, however, though not necessarily an obligation (although if she wishes forgiveness, it may be), is the better path.  As for gay marriage, no sin is being forgiven so the older brother needs to be scolded for homophobia and it is the gay couple that must bring forgiveness.  I am sure that would go over nicely with Ray Burke - someone forward him my remarks.  Maybe I should forgive him?  Maybe, if he seeks pardon.  Not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment