Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garnett on Immigration Reform

Garnett on Immigration Reform by MSW. MGB: If conservatives lawmakers wish to shoot themselves in the foot by opposing this policy in court, they are quite welcome to waste their donors money in doing so. At the risk of throwing an elbow, the recent lawsuits, which are not yet ripe and will be dismissed fairly quickly, do not have the same buy-in by most donors to their local Cardinals' and Bishops' Appeals. No one asked me to support this suit - and if asked I would have said no. The fact that no one has questioned whether we donors should have been allowed to give input to this Quixotic exercise is what is most troubling. Luckily, the Bishop of Arlington is not a party to the suit. If he were, I would suspend my pledge with a letter explaining why. I urge others who hold the same view to do so if you live in Washington and other such participants. The Catholic Spring must start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment