Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Links for 02/08/16 | National Catholic Reporter

Links for 02/08/16 | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: As a left-libertarian commentator, I have always advocated for employee-owned firms and the Church to take over most governmental functions - not just for ideology but because they work better and are more accountable that way - of course I also favor a more humanistic morality and more democratic Church.  I would love it if more of my fellow lefties agreed with me.



Not exactly sure why NARAL Pro-Choice America would be offended by the Doritos ad, which seamed to win the day.  Fetuses do react, though not to Doritos.  I don't think Frito-Lay was making a claim for fetal intelligence, though it seems the fetus self-aborted for a snack.  As for the Kevin Hart commercial, you have to be a father of a daughter to see why its funny.



Thanks to Camosy for pointing out what I would have after I published my post on Longnecker, that the ETWN voters guide is not dogma.  Of course, I went further and explained why abortion is not really an issue at all, since most GOP efforts are made to draw a SCOTUS case to repeal Roe - and the votes simply are not there to do so (there are only two anti-Roe justices and they are old).  Any real change involves compromise and any compromise really ends the issue and pro-life fundraising (including Priests for Life). Of course, I am sure Senator Sanders appreciates the shout out - I hope we can bring it to his attention.  Whomever wins the Democratic nomination should really point out the hucksterism in the pro-life movement, which is made people like Richard Viguery wealthy and saved few embryoes from abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment