Friday, May 15, 2015

Catholic-Evangelical Poverty Summit: A Report | National Catholic Reporter

Catholic-Evangelical Poverty Summit: A Report | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB:  I was wondering what I was going to write about until MSW mentioned the President, the war on women and I gather a bigotry exemption for the churches on LGBT issues having to do with marriage. Thing is, the war on women was simply offering some of the bishops a chance to look foolish. Its not his fault they took the bait in a gulp. As for gay marriage and churches, most dislike civil marriage in general, but recognize those of their workers. Not using the same rule for gay married is bigotry, I find that if I simmer on an issue, I am the one who is wrong.

My disagreement with Obama is not how he talks about capitalism, it is that he cannot do so more radically and get Congress to act. He is running our to time to do many things, including some regarding the Church -- especially in the area of drug felon rehabilitation and adult ed.
Except the libertarians, left and right do agree alot on poverty - especially as it has to do with the Church. The problem is getting their legislators to act. As for prayer, it must be done in locked rooms, not in the streets or even the public square. St. Francis was right, only when neccissary.

No comments:

Post a Comment