Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Links for 03/31/15 | National Catholic Reporter

Links for 03/31/15 | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: On the Clinton poll, its too early - and being in a statistical tie is pretty good for someone who has not yet campaigned. Lets ask President Dean about how important those early poll numbers are or President McCain.



Silk is right, for the Indiana RFRA to survive, it can't really do anything. It was supposed to be a political statement with a nod and a wink that it really was about gays and Muslims. Of course, the federal Civil Rights Act pretty much trumps anyone open to the public from discriminating against anyone anyway. Period. This was an empty gesture and the fix will be an embarrassment. So much for Pence establishing his social conservative street cred.



I look forward to the notes on the Boston trip, however I would have loved to have been on that panel if someone would pay to get me there (I got peoples to put me up once I do (cousins and such). I hope someone is going as devil's advocate. If I were to, I would say that examples of left libertarianism are the Green Party (social libertarian, economic liberal), Mondragon (substitute for government, economic liberal - cooperativist, social I'm not sure - the Basque know how to party) and Catholic Charities (economic liberal, governmental subsititue, social conservative on some points).



Dr. Carl Milsted of libertarian fame has version of the Norton Chart where he describes both Social Liberals and Left Leaning Freedom Lovers (I would call them social libertarians). Both of these areas combined are the ideology which this panel seems to reject, but is alive and well in American politics, though looking for a partisan home that actually wants to win an election. The problem is, few are willing to fund it because it is anti-privilege for the rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment