Friday, March 27, 2015

Links for 03/26/15 | National Catholic Reporter

Links for 03/26/15 | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: We have a link to the Pope's latest homily (at least as of yesterday), which seems to follow the season rather than being some dramatic statement on future plans.  It could be both, but I would like to think that Francis is a parish priest at heart giving the homily any priest shoud give in keeping with the season and  hoping that all priests and bishops use this time in their Lent to reflect on whether they meet the standards Jesus would set for them, rather than those of the Hierarchs in modern Rome or ancient Jerusalem.



The vocations director of Mundelein (most definitely a St. JPII priest, if you know what that means) has a new recruitment video stressing the Eucharist and Basketball.  I guess if it only aired during March Madness, but I agree with Cathy Kaveny who asks "Basketball, really?"



It is noted that Politico is looking a bit askance at the now deceased former president of Singapore.  I was wondering about that too.  The only cane I want is in my tea. I am sure there was some cosmic reason for his authoritarianism to be the right thing then, but I will leave it to others to find it (or the reason some want it here - but you should read John Dean on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment