Friday, May 21, 2021

Scandalized by 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' Catholicism

Scandalized by 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' Catholicism 

I doubt that the organizers are paying anything near the usual rate. Weekend group rates are quite a bit below what is offered to executives who are in town for business during the work week. For example, Catholic Charities USA had a silent auction to raise funds. The convention organizer got a comped suite for a weekend. Because everyone knew my then fiance needed a room on date certain, people begged off on bidding after a certain point and we got it for $300. The suite was $1,600 during the week. 

As for the campus crusade, unless MSW is going to be an irritant, the best strategy is to register then boycott loudly and publicly (with other potential fifth columnists). Missionaries should get a nice weekend. They will have a hard time evangelizing the Nones. College is a bit too early to get enough attention to Bishop Baron's brand of theology to be attractive. Even if it does reel in some students, the experience of life in their mid-20s will cure them of such nonsense until they start coping with having children and sending them to Catholic School.

As a Catholic author, I would actually like to go. I am sure that if my book sold better, they would invite me (or I would exhibit) and offer The Future is Calling: It Wants a New God. As effective as it might be in offering a humanistic vision of both morality and the Lord's Passion, I doubt the organizers would appreciate the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment