Thursday, September 18, 2014

Middle Class Ennui | National Catholic Reporter

Middle Class Ennui | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: Poverty is interesting.  While my wife was in our household, our net worth, including retirement assets, is quite high.  Now that its just me, wages and net worth are nothing - however I have the tools and ability to have it not stay that way.  Indeed, should I find myself back in federal service, my net worth including pension rights will be huge, provided I save.  Of course, if I were to adjudicated as disabled, I would get a rather high end payment, even with no net worth.  What we need to pay attention to are those who can't cycle through poverty like I have and will again.  Such poverty is multi-generational and corresponds to multi-generational dependency and illiteracy.  Both of these can be fixed - as long as we are willing to spend the money and as long as we expand the role of the Church in providing this education (with pay for attending), but with tax money.

No comments:

Post a Comment