Thursday, September 29, 2016

Links for 09/29/16

Links for 09/29/16: At Commonweal, David Bentley Hart has an extraordinary article about the New Testament. It is easy to see how Hart challenges the facile attempt to baptize capitalism by Tim Busch, that I linked to ye...



MGB: I use the Gospel to baptize humanism, as have many before me.  I just wonder how someone can avoid that, especially the Curia and the Burke's of the world.



I will pass on the Arroyo video and just say that the Prosperity Gospel has more to do with  Calivinism than Christ.  I is amazing how many crypto-Calvinists are in the Church today. Most of them are rich and seem to ignore the story of Lazarus.



Note to Bishop Barron, humanism and the Gospel (and the Epistles) encourage people to think for themselves rather than simply following the corrupt example of elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment