Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Links for 09/07/16 | National Catholic Reporter

Links for 09/07/16 | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: I would prefer Down's children not be aborted, but I also prefer that the government not use state violence to enforce my preference.  Rather, the state and the Church should provide care to the children and respite care to the parents so that dealing with such a child is no more difficult than dealing with a child with asthma (I would not abort them either - I was one of those).  The point is that you can't make these policies on what the government does based on emotionalism alone, which is the besetting flaw of the pro-life movement, which has a problem with thinking things through.

I wonder what relationship the Ignatian Spirituality Network has to the Jesuits.  It sounds tenuous.  Indeed, except for the fact that AA does not do voters guides, it could very well be considered an Ignatian organization.  Hopefully they are freer to tell the truth about the pro-life movement's lack of a real practical legislative agenda, but I somehow doubt it.  At least they should be good on taxes and poverty - and if not I have no use for them.

I am less concerned with national polls than the state by state - and both likely underestimate the strength of Clinton.  A landslide is within reason.  We will see after the Commander in Chief event tonight.

Burke can't be trusted for even the smallest things.  I hope that the CDF reviews and condemns his book.  They also need to take away his gold robes.  He looks like a little boy play acting.  I think I know what he is doing as far as creating controversy and going back to the bad old days when Catholic prophesy targeted Islam, but now is not the time for such nonsense.  Burke has a triumphalist view of Medieval Europe, when in reality, it was a backwater full of barbarians and bastards, where disease ran rampant and bathroom habits were course.  The Muslims and the Monguls bypassed it because there was no reason to conquer such a sewer.  That was a mercy and from whom mercy is shown, mercy is expected.  Burke does not seem to get that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment