Saturday, January 16, 2016

Last Night's GOP Debate in SC | National Catholic Reporter

Last Night's GOP Debate in SC | National Catholic Reporter by MSW. MGB: I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that this event was a FoxNews/GOP infomercial.  And people wonder why I don't watch these things.



As for Trump, he cited Larry Tribe because Tribe said the question of natural born citizenship is not yet settled. Of course, there are troubles locating Mama Cruz's birth certificate and the SCOTUS has never ruled - and if it did would likely say this is a political question to be settled January 6, 2017.  I hate it that I actually agree with Trump on part of this.  Just as shockingly, I agree with Cruz's Business Tax reform, which amounts to a subtraction Value Added Tax - although I would go further than Cruz.  I talk more about that on a comment on TaxVox today.



New York Values is a backhanded way to keep anti-semitism alive in the GOP.  It is the latest iteration of the Cultural Elite, which evolved in many stages from the New York Jewish Elite.  Think Woody Allen.



Not having watched the debate, I won't be responding to comments on style points, which are probably not as important as organization and retail politics in Iowa and New Hampshire.  Let us see who is still standing then and whether Trump makes one manic gaffe too many so that people start questioning his sanity. Some will get out when their 15 minutes are up.  Others, who want the job, may stay in, even with bad early numbers (like McCain had in 2008).

No comments:

Post a Comment