Monday, December 23, 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane | National Catholic Reporter

A Trip Down Memory Lane | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: After my wife and I got married, my mother would usually visit my sister's place in Gaithersburg, although she would sometimes visit my brother and his husband in Dallas or before my other brother got married, his family at a gathering in Oregon.  After she passed we gathered with my sister, but this year we are scattered - many to someplace warm.  My other brother, the cook, is staying home, as I am to work at the Theater XMAS day.

On the Enclyclopedia question, I am not sure Brittanica of the 1970 edition would have been as devout as Comptons and I am quite sure no one is listing the fact that Christ was likely born in either March  or April of 6 BC, depending on the astrological theory used to duplicate what the Magi would have calculated in making their pilgrimage.  I prefer the April.  Of course, its possible use so near to Easter has too many implications for reincarnation - which is why we celebrate now - having Christ displace the Sun as the light that ends the winter darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment