Monday, March 10, 2014

Pope Francis' First Year | National Catholic Reporter

Pope Francis' First Year | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: How Francis takes on moral issues is greatly indicated by how he handles the personnel issues.  Getting rid of Burke and Rigali on the Conference of Bishops is huge, although Wuerl is hardly a run away liberal.  Benedict was much more liberal than he gets credit for, although he likely does not see the irony in his remarks on the Tyranny of Relativism where the truth comes through the hierarchy (rejecting arguments, which may be better, but which the hierarchy does not share - which seems to be very relativistic to me).  The principal teaching on morality must be when the Lord said (from an online source that seems Protesant but is still accurate) "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.  Try applying this test to teachings on contraception in families and on gay marriage. I don't think Catholic doctrine passes the smell test.

No comments:

Post a Comment