Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Same Sex Marriage Heads to the Court: Part I | National Catholic Reporter

Same Sex Marriage Heads to the Court: Part I | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: It turns out the argument against gay marriage that the DOM side was sticking to relied on the incomplete reading of natural law contained in Humanae Vitae which the Church has saddled itself with - and which does not even comport to Canon Law or to the teaching that the individuals minister the  marriage, not the witnessing priest.   I will not bet that the current Curia will change willingly.  I suspect a new generation of bishops may, however, as the people demand it.  Sadly, standing issues may prevent the court from nationalizing the District Court decision.  HRC should have tried to get a court where it would go the other way (if that is possible - I am not sure it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment