Thursday, December 22, 2016

Scorsese, my dad, and Christmas

Scorsese, my dad, and Christmas: Tomorrow, Martin Scorsese  MGB: The command to forgive is from God.  It is the only antidote to human violence.  Of course, sometimes we get upset as part of life, as when someone dies.  I treasure hearing Adeste Fidelis at Midnight Mass, especially in Latin, because it helps me remember my father and I always weep before the end of the first verse.  Deliberately going to this Mass is like seeing some movies - both the one mentioned and the one with Wil Smith that is just out, Collateral Beauty, which is about coping with the death of a daughter - my greatest fear.  Movies and Masses allow us to experience these things for a moment, hopefully without ruining our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment