Friday, November 9, 2012

Looking Ahead | National Catholic Reporter

Looking Ahead | National Catholic Reporter by MSW.  MGB: The problem is not Obama and the Church, its the Church with itself - most especially the Hierarchy with Catholic women, especially middle aged women who in most generations are the backbone of Catholicism in the laity - people like my wife.  Fixing this is going to take a sea change in how we as a Church relate to God.  God the Ogre needs to fade into the past, as I believe it will.  That God is fine for my mother.  I don't think it works for my wife or my daughter.  It certainly doesn't work for me.  The question is, will this generation of women just politely ignore the bishops (like they did in this election) or will they speak out and force a sea change.

No comments:

Post a Comment